Listed below are nationally board certified Music Therapists here in Arizona ready to serve you!
- National board certification requires that each music therapist has met the eligibility requirements to sit for – and pass the Certified Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) exam.
- A professional music therapist holds a bachelor’s degree or higher in music therapy from one of over 70 American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) approved college and university programs.
- In-depth knowledge in three main areas: musical foundations, clinical foundations, and music therapy foundations and principles as specified in the AMTA Professional Competencies.
- A minimum of 1200 hours of clinical training, including a supervised internship, prior to earning certification.
Charlotte Stewart, MT-BC, NMTBoard Certified Music Therapist, Neurologic Music Therapist DirectorMella Music Therapy
Charlotte brings over 20 years of piano teaching and education experience into her music therapy practice. She recently received her Music Therapy Clinical Masters degree from Arizona State University and attended the Neurologic Music Therapy Institute at Colorado State University to earn her Neurologic Music Therapy Certificate. The populations she works with include, but are not limited to:
– Children, teens, and adults struggling with academics
– Children who have experienced trauma
– Stroke survivors
– Long-Term Care and Rehabilitation
– Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
– Parkinson’s, Traumatic Brain Injury, and other neurological disorders
– Children and adults with special needs, including developmental and learning disorders
Charlotte completed her internship in music therapy at Higher Octave Healing in Tempe, AZ and received her board certification from The Certification Board for Music Therapists (http://cbmt.org). Charlotte is also trained as a Neurologic Music Therapist specializing in helping children and adults overcome neurologic challenges through specific music therapy practices.
She currently runs her own music therapy practice, Mella Music Therapy, in the Phoenix metro area. Mella Music Therapy services a variety of populations, including individuals with developmental disabilities and Autism, older adults, Hospice, behavioral health, and individuals with neurologic issues such as stroke, Parkinson’s, and brain injuries. Mella Music Therapy offers group and individual sessions. NMT available. Mella Music Therapy accepts private pay and ESA for music therapy services.